- PRIVACY & COOKIES
- Third tab
1. Site Ownership. The geoffmarlow.com website (“this site”) is owned and operated by Aligned Agility Ltd. (“we/us/our”): Registered office: 10 Wellington Place, Cambridge, CB1 1HW, United Kingdom; Registered No. 4197164; Incorporated 10 April 2001; VAT Registration Number 795 3374 86.
2. Commercial Relationships. Geoff Marlow is a Director of Aligned Agility Ltd. Any and all legal commercial or contractual arrangements for Geoff Marlow's professional services are made exclusively with by and through Aligned Agility Ltd.
3. Usage Agreement. By using this site you agree to follow and be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
4. Policy Changes. We may change these Terms and Conditions of Use from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy. We encourage you to review these Terms and Conditions of Use whenever you access this site or otherwise interact with us.
6. Content Ownership. All rights title and interest in and to the content (“material”) provided on this site are reserved by Aligned Agility Limited.
7. Material Reuse. Reuse of material on this site is subject to a Creative Commons Attribution licence. You may copy, distribute and develop derivative works but MUST credit the original author (usually Geoff Marlow) and provide a link back to the original material on this site. The full licence is available here.
8. Provision of Links. This site may contain links to websites and other online resources that we neither own or control (“third party sites”). Such links are provided solely as a convenience and do not imply any responsibility for or endorsement of any resources that may be available on from or through third party sites.
9. No Warranty. This site and material are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and may contain errors or omissions. To the fullest extent permitted by law we disclaim all warranties of any kind whether express or implied including but not limited to any warranties of merchantability fitness for a particular purpose title or non-infringement. Any material obtained on or through the site is used by you at your own discretion and risk. We make no warranty that the site or material will be available on a timely secure error-free uninterrupted basis or that any results you obtain from the use of the site or material will meet any objectives sought.
10. Limitation of liability. Our liability for loss or damage, if any, howsoever caused, shall not be greater than the amount paid to us and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from any costs or liabilities in excess thereof. In no event shall Aligned Agility Limited its officers directors employees or agents be liable for any indirect punitive special incidental or consequential damage (including but not limited to loss of business revenue profits use data or other economic advantage however it arises whether in an action of contract negligence or other tortious action or arising out of or in connection with the use or inability to use this site or materials available from this site even if Aligned Agility Limited has been previously advised of the possibility of such damage. If your use of materials from this site results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume full responsibility and will bear any and all costs thereof.
11. Indemnification. You agree to defend indemnify and hold harmless Aligned Agility Limited and its officers directors shareholders employees and agents from and against any and all claims liabilities damages losses or expenses including legal and other professional service fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the site and the material.
12. Unsolicited Submissions. Other than by prior arrangement we ask that you do not submit confidential or proprietary information to us through this site. All comments feedback information or material submitted through or in association with this site shall be considered non-confidential unless agreed by us in writing. You acknowledge and accept full responsibility for ensuring that the content of any submissions that you provide is legal reliable appropriate and original. You grant us free irrevocable rights to use unsolicited submissions to this site for any purpose worldwide at our sole discretion.
14. Governing Law and Venue. By using this site, you expressly agree that your rights and obligations shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the UK excluding its choice of law rules. Any legal action or proceeding relating to your access to or use of the Site or Materials shall be instituted in a court in the UK. You and Aligned Agility Limited agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and agree that venue is proper in, these courts in any such legal action or proceeding. You and Aligned Agility Limited agree that the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to any transaction conducted through or otherwise involving this Site.
15. Copyrights. The pre-existing copyrights in stock images and theme layouts remain the property of their respective owners. All other site design layouts text and graphics on this site are copyright Aligned Agility Limited. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
16. Trademarks. The following are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Aligned Agility Limited: geoffmarlow.com; the terms “Driving with the Brakes On”, “Braking Friction”, "Human Misalignments" and "Seeing-Being Traps" in the context of organisations, teams and working relationships; all images and text; all page headers; all custom graphics buttons and icons. All other product and company names, trademarks and logos referenced or included in this site are the intellectual property, service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of their respective owners.
Geoff Marlow, Director
For and on behalf of Aligned Agility Limited.
THIS POLICY FORMS PART OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THIS SITE.
We respect your privacy and strive to ensure that any information you provide about yourself through geoffmarlow.com (“this site”) is managed and used in a responsible manner.
When you provide your name, email address and any other information through this site it is used as described below. We do not otherwise sell, share or exchange your information with other parties.
We welcome subscribers to this site to register with their name and email address. You may not subscribe to this site if you are under 18 years of age.
When you subscribe, your name and email address is used to communicate with you. Your personal information in stored and managed through ActiveCampaign (AC). AC is a highly reputable and professional provider of online communication automation services with its own stringent privacy and consent policies. In particular, AC adheres to the Privacy Shield Framework Principles for compliance with European and US data protection requirements.
As a subscriber, you may on occasion receive special offers. These are usually for my own services, but may include offers on behalf of third parties. In all cases these emails are sent from the above AC account and no third party has access to your personal information.
You may opt-out of receiving emails at any time, and will find the link to do so at the bottom of each email sent through AC.
Cookies are small data files stored on a computer and used to improve the user experience. Typical uses include: enabling a service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one visit; recognising when you are logged in so you don't need to log in again for every page you visit; measuring the usage of website resources to ensure enough capacity is available; and analysing usage data to understand how to improve site content and performance.
This site uses the following types of cookie:
Session cookies which remember you for the length of a visit to the site so you don't have to enter the same details on every page repeatedly.
Analytics cookies which track anonymous site usage statistics so I can improve the site over time. I sometimes use online advertising services such as Google Adwords and Facebook Advertising which also issue and track cookies.
Settings cookies which remember your preferences and save you having to re-enter the same information again and again. Social sharing of my site content via Facebook and Twitter also uses similar cookies to remember preferences.
Access cookies which control appropriate access to freely-available or subscriber-only resources.
We occasionally use remarketing services provided by Google and Facebook. These services employ their own cookies (including tags and pixels) to allow them to present adverts that they think will be of interest to users. Both have policies on how they use any such data: Google’s policy is here and Facebook’s policy is here.
If you have any reason to believe that your privacy has been breached through the use of this site, please contact me immediately by email and I will do my best to promptly correct the problem.
Disclosure Policy Last Updated 25 September 2017
THIS POLICY FORMS PART OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THIS SITE.
On this site I write articles and produce audio and video content about braking friction and how you can stop driving with the brakes on in your organisations, teams and working relationships.
Unless otherwise noted, the material on this site is my own original work, although it may well have been inspired by a combination of working with, the publications of, and conversations with others.
After 30 years of helping organisations throughout Europe, Asia and the US, it’s not always easy to separate out (or even remember) who contributed what, when or where. But I aim to do my best to reference the contributions of others wherever possible.
I rarely review or endorse others or their products and services. Where I do so it will be based on my own personal perspective and experience. When I provide a link to a book or other product on this site I may receive a commission on any subsequent sales. My professional reputation is of prime importance to me, so any review will be independent of any commission I might make.
I am occasionally provided with free copies of books or other materials to review. This does not guarantee a positive review, or in fact any review. I don’t manage to read all the books I buy myself, so if I do read any unsolicited material it probably won't happen anytime soon.
I do not accept advertisements on the site and have no plans to do so.
Sometimes I will promote writers, thought-leaders or professional service providers and may receive a commission on purchases of their products or services. I will clearly identify when I have been offered any such commission. I only recommend things that I personally believe in, but always advise potential buyers to do their own due diligence. I am well aware that “one person’s meat is another person’s poison” (speaking as a vegetarian).
If me via the contact page. I’ll be happy to talk about any concerns you might have.